SUSTAMID® 6 FRPA 6
With SUSTAMID 6 FR Röchling offers a semi-finished extruded products made of flame-retardant polyamide 6 (PA 6). This material, which meets the relevant requirements of the new European Rail Vehicle Standard DIN EN 45545-2:2013, facilitates production of large-sized machined components and component parts in small piece numbers.
With 40 percent, SUSTAMID 6 FR stands out through a very high oxygen index (LOI – Limiting Oxygen Index), and is phosphorus and halogen-free. Fire behaviour is classified in accordance with UL 94 with V0. Compared to conventional materials, such as steel (7.85 g/cm³), the low density of SUSTAMID 6 FR (1.17 g/cm³) offers unequivocal benefits regarding weight and thus construction. At the same time, the material possesses a high degree of stiffness, tensile strength as well as good sliding and wear properties with simultaneously outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance.
- Free of halogen and phosphorus
- Flame retardant and self-extinguishing
- High hardness and rigidity
- good slide and wear behavior
- Good machinability
- meets the relevant requirements of the new European Rail Vehicle Standard DIN EN 45545-2:2013
- High dimensional stability
Typical areas of application
- Rail vehicle construction
- Aviation industry
- Ship building
- Electrical industry