The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Automotive division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, propulsion and new mobility. As part of our customer-focused and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing environmental impact and improving customer experience.
At our Duncan, SC location we are searching for: Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
- Direct the development and implementation of compliance related policies and procedures for the North American region.
- Conduct periodic internals reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed for the North American region.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues and ensure adherence to environmental health and safety standards.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and analyzing the work environments and designing programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. Responsible for championing the health and safety programs and acting as a change agent to positively influence the company culture by promoting a safe, healthy, productive working environment.
- Accountable for conducting inspections and enforcing adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
- Responsible for implementation and advancement of Environmental Management System (EMS) designed in accordance with and capable of achieving registration to ISO 14001 Standard.
- Responsible for developing written programs, training materials to facilitate compliance with safety and environmental regulatory requirements and which promotes awareness, and to facilitate compliance and the continuous improvement process.
- Responsible for the identification of technical and/or legal issues that impact, or potentially impact, the organization and the formulation of plans and programs to achieve the desired results. Recommend and advise management regarding the best means for complying with standards, reducing or controlling hazards and for making production activities safe, efficient and compliant.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, best practices, and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes within the North America region.
- Manage workers compensation claims for all facilities within the North America region.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, organize and present ideas.
- Sound knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management in oral and written forms.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proven success in development, implementation, and registration to ISO14001, OSHAS 18001 or other safety management program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA and TS16949.
- A minimum of 5yrs EHS experience in general industry preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate Degree in an Engineering or Environmental Health & Safety related discipline preferred. BS Degree in Environmental Health & Safety or equivalent work experience preferred..
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.