Röchling Medical’s ability to innovate and incorporate new technologies enables our clients to benefit from cost and quality advantages. Röchling’s extensive industry experience and innovative manufacturing processes encompass all facets of production manufacturing from injection molding to final assembly and packaging, all performed with expertise and according to highest quality standards in clean room environments.
- 8 Full Automated Assembly Machines for Devices and Closures (Capacities: 10 to 200 parts / min)
- 4 Semi Automated Assembly Machines for Devices (Capacities: 2 to 150 parts / min)
- Rotary and Linear High Speed Assembly
Decoration & Packaging:
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Spin Welding
- Vibration Welding
- Hot Stamp Foil Printing
- Pad Printing, Offset Printing
- Rotary Pad Printing
- Ink Jet Printing
- Automatic Packaging
- In-Mold Labeling & Decorating
- Automated Inline Quality Control Steps
- Leak and flow testing
- Vision systems
- Optical gauging
- Torque testing
- Process control defect prevention
- Hipot testing
- Ultrasonic weld pull testing
- Fracture testing
In-Mold Labeling and Decorating:
In-mold labeling (IML) or in-mold decorating (IMD) are techniques for labeling or decorating an injection molded plastic part or component during the plastic injection molding cycle. The label becomes an integral part of the final product, creating a fully decorated item at the press. In this process, a pre-printed label or decorated film is inserted in the open plastic injection mold and held in place via vacuum ports, electrostatic charge, or other method. When the mold is closed, plastic resin is injected into the mold, encapsulating the label permanently within the finished molded part.
Advantages IML & IMD:
• Strengths - Combining the decoration process with the molding process adds durability, decreases manufacturing costs and creates design flexibility.
• DURABLE – graphics are impossible to remove without destroying the plastic part and will remain vibrant for the life of the part. Options are available for enhanced durability in harsh environments and chemical resistance.
• COST EFFECTIVE – eliminates post-molding labeling, handling and storage. It reduces WIP inventory, and the additional time required for post-production decoration, on-site or off-site.
• FLEXIBLE DESIGN – available in a wide range of colors, effects, textures and graphic options and can replicate even the most challenging looks like stainless steel, wood grains and carbon fiber.