The prevention and control of multidrug-resistant bacteria in medical facilities are of great importance. Whenever weak patients come into contact with germs, their safe treatment and rapid recovery are put at risk. That is why top hygiene standards are required in hospitals, GP surgeries and care homes. We have developed our antimicrobial wall covering TroBloc® M in response to these specific requirements.
- prevents the spread of bacteria, viruses, mould and even MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) without using toxins or antibiotics.
- The surface is easy to clean with standard cleaning agents.
- TroBloc® M therefore helps medical staff to maintain top hygiene standards in medical facilities.
TroBloc® M has several advantages in comparison with conventional surfaces. Large surfaces in particular, such as walls and doors, as well as gaps in tiled walls provide microbes with the perfect environment for colonisation. At the same time, these kinds of surfaces take a great deal of time and effort to keep clean and have to withstand regular contact with disinfectants and cleaning products in the long term.
TroBloc® M has been specially designed with these requirements in mind:
- Antimicrobrial action also effective against MRSA: TroBloc® M prevents microbes like bacteria and fungi, which are present on the surface, from continuing to multiply. To achieve this antimicrobial effect, TroBloc® uses modern silver ion technology. The additive, which is non-toxic to humans, acts in a purely physical manner - through the transfer of silver ions - to prevent the growth of microbes. This action inhibits the reproduction of strains of bacteria. The bactericidal action takes effect in very little time, as has been proved and certified by the Swiss company, Ciba Spezialitätenchemie AG in Basle. Its reliable effectiveness with respect to MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) has also been proven in laboratory tests at Ciba.
- Preventing infection: Successful measures for the prevention of infections are of importance to clinics and hospitals, from both a medical and a financial point of view. Infections can result in patients having to be hospitalised for longer. As treatments in many European countries are charged on a flat rate per case basis, additional days of hospitalisation can result in costs that are no longer covered by the flat rate charge and cannot be charged by the hospital. TroBloc® M helps to prevent infection thanks to its antimicrobial action.
- Shorter cleaning times: TroBloc® M has an easy-clean finish which allows even large surface areas to be cleaned quickly. The surface has a nanoscale microstructure which produces a low surface tension of <18 mN/m. This ensures that the contact area for particles and fluids is reduced to an exceptional degree. In addition, TroBloc® M is superhydrophobic: fluid runs off immediately, taking adherent substances and particles with it, due to the specially designed surface.
- Long service life: The surface of TroBlo® M is resistant to chemicals and extremely scratch-resistant. It can withstand regular contact with standard disinfectants and cleaning agents in the long term. This means that the TroBloc® M function is retained even after frequent cleaning
TroBloc® M is a suitable covering for walls, ceilings, doors and surfaces in the following places:
- Care homes
- Isolation wards
- Decontamination areas
- Pharmaceutical firms
- Medical surgeries
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to know more about our antimicrobial wall covering TroBloc® M. Just use our contact form below.