With sales of € 1.7 billion and over 9,000 employees at 88 locations in 25 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from semi-finished products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our San Jose, CA location we are searching for a Product Manager to support our New Business Green Car product line.
Röchling Automotive, an integrated systems solutions provider in aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility, has established a presence in San Jose, California, to further support the growing new mobility market. This customer office infuses Röchling into the West Coast automotive and mobility community and stimulates collaboration with customers.
This location gives Röchling more direct communication and enhanced relationships with current customers and start-up OEMs in the area. It also helps the company introduce its products and technologies in aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility to the West Coast automotive market. Röchling’s New Business Green Car product line, the company’s development group focused on mobility challenges in electric vehicles, will showcase its battery components and new mobility solutions. This includes products such as electric vehicle battery covers made from the company’s proven Stratura® Hybrid, a lightweight, high-durability material that is 25 percent lighter than an aluminum cover. Understanding the importance of lightweighting in future automobiles, Röchling also offers a range of aerodynamic and powertrain products made of its lightweight materials, providing performance improvements and acoustic efficiency.
This office is home to Röchling employees with sales, product and technical account responsibilities. As customer needs and Röchling product offerings increase, the company will add to the San Jose office team. Product Manager, New Business Green Car
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Lightweight Design, Plastics Engineering or Project Management within the automotive industry (manufacturers and/or system suppliers preferred).
- Experience with plastic products and their technologies.
- Understanding of eMobility products and modules such as battery systems, fuel cell systems, inductive charging systems, and lightweight design.
- Knowledge in electronics.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, domestically and internationally.
- Develop the Röchling NBGC business as per defined goals and focus.
- Research and analyze the market (e.g. customers, legislation, competition, technologies, and products).
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and product improvement.
- Report market opportunities and threats.
- Act as point of first reference for all product and/or product group related questions.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and regulatory agencies.
- Propose acquisition potentials and execute jointly together with Sales, with a focus on the customer.
- Manage actively the favorable definition of customer technical specifications.
- Free Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- International Training and Development Programs designed to give employees the necessary tools and resources to build their career at Röchling.
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
- Casual-dress workplace
- Annual Bonus Program
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.