The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Medical division offers customers a wide range of standard and tailored plastic products in the fields of pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, surgery and life sciences as well as cardiology, fluid management and ophthalmology. These high-quality products are used in innovative drug delivery systems, primary packaging systems, surgical instruments and disposable diagnostic items.
The Flow Analysis Engineer will be responsible for feed system design, cycle time and warp analysis, and establish initial process parameters to enable success in the tooling development cycle. He or She will work with Sigmasoft flow simulation software to identify best mold design and processing solutions during plastic injection mold development.
- Assist and support sales engineers during quoting in determining acceptable gating scenarios, determining feed system requirements for, and prediction of, best cycle times and warpage analysis.
- Assist and support program managers and mold designers in feed system design for all new tooling, and support production engineering for existing tooling.
- Establish initial process parameters and communicate to process engineers.
- Work closely with Process Engineers at the press during initial process development to understand process inputs and outputs.
- Prepare and present flow and warp simulation presentations for use internally and externally.
- Work closely with hot manifold suppliers to ensure process success for entire feed system.
- Assist and support engineering during troubleshooting and/or improvement actions, including process enhancement and cost down from a feed system/flow perspective.
- Follow Roechling Design and Build Standards.
- Follow Roechling procedures and quality system.
- Associates degree (minimum) in Plastics Engineering, or 4+ years of plastics processing experience (or acceptably demonstrated similar experience).
- Basic knowledge of plastic injection mold design and construction.
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD software (PTC Creo or Solidworks) and basic understanding of MS Office software (Outlook, Excel, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to review and assess data, and problem solve to arrive at effective solutions.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with flow simulation software (i.e. Mold Flow or Sigmasoft) a plus but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with the properties of various engineering resins a plus but not required.
- Be able to work closely in a team related environment with sales, program management, design, plastics processing/production engineers and external customers as required.