The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our Duncan, SC location we are searching for a:Mechanical Designer
- The Mechatronic Engineer A is part of the project team and responsible for designing the secondary equipment (assembly and test equipment) for the manufacturing process at a high level of liability and operating efficiency.
- Designing workstations and secondary equipment for assembling plastic products
- Comply with technical specifications of the equipment
- Maintain contact with vendors throughout the entire project.
- Handing over and sign off to IE after Run-Off
- Continuous improvement thru all the stages of the run @ rate and commissioning process Subsidiary Tasks:
- Providing technical support for cost estimates
- Supporting P-FMEA for equipment development
- Supporting Process Planning to optimize work flow and layouts
- Communicate with Purchasing during the acquisition phases of the project.
- Creating Preventative maintenance program, spare parts list, and user manual for new equipment
Work experience requirements:
- Three years of Machine Design experience including mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar field, or equivalent years of experience
- Must be able to design mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Basic Working knowledge of Electrics and Electronics (PLC’s )
- Good written technical communication with both internal and external parties
- Familiar with Ergonomic standards and Governmental (OSHA) safety standards
- Autocad - Advanced
- Solid Works - Advanced
- Proengineer – Advanced
- CATIA – Advanced
- Unigrafix – Advanced
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.