With over 8,500 employees at 78 locations in 22 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from simple products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
We are looking for aEngine Expert (f/m)
- 4 strokes Diesel and gasoline engine overall knowledge
- Air induction system for combustion air. In particular effect of the system on engine performances and
acoustics. Turbo- and compressor-charging systems (effects, advantages, disadvantages). Air-filtering.
Pressure drop. Flow-noise
- Water cooling system. In particular heat fluxes knowledge. Thermal exchange. Fluid-dynamics
- Lubrication System (blow-by vapours separation, pump, filter)
- Characteristic engine diagrams (specific consumption vs. power curve, torque and power diagrams)
- Engine related NVH. Engine orders. Campbell diagram. Psyco-acoustics.
- Engine valves timing and distribution system
- Combustion and detonation phenomena in the combustion chamber (fuel injection and spark plugs basics)
- Combustion by-products and Worldwide emission regulations
- Sensors and actuators for combustion engines: basic knowledge
- Hybrid vehicles powertrain. New architectures for sustainable mobility
- Acoustic/perforomance 1D and 3D simulation codes (i.e. GT-Power, Actran). Ability to read and interpret.
- 3D fluid-dynamics simulation codes (i.e. CFX). Ability to read and interpret results.
- Basic knowledge of engine test rig
- Basic knowledge of acoustic measurements (intake orifice measurements, anechoic chamber
- Basic knowledge of fluid-dynamics measurements (air-, liquid- pressure drop measurements
- Team working and team leadership
- Availability for business travels