With sales of € 1.7 billion and over 9,000 employees at 88 locations in 25 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from semi-finished products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
For its Europe South regione central quality department in Laives Roechling Automotive is looking for a (M/W):SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
The position ensures that the supply chain companies continually develop their process in line with the design intent of the customer and verify their systems to ensure they are compliant with the end customer’s needs. This includes on-going supply chain company verification.
Work in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due to supply issues. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
• Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
• Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
•Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
• Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
• Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
• Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
• Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures
• Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
• Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission
• Assist with first off sample approvals
• Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
• Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own and customer’s management
• Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers • Diplomatic approach to relationships
Skills & Attributes
• Knowledge of quality and business systems
• Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• Lean Manufacturing knowledge
• Knowledge of TS16949
• Knowledge of measurement techniques
• Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
• Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
• Understanding manufacturing processes
• Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
• Planning and prioritising activities
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Listening skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to present data effectively
• Problem-solving skills
• Team working skills
• Analytical skills
A dynamic position in a challenging and international environment.