The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our Akron, Ohio location we are searching for a:Shift Lead/Supervisor - 2nd shift
- Responsibilities include: Manage molding & assembly operations to meet quality, safety, and production schedule.
- Responsible for coordinating, planning & movement of employees for meeting production & quality require-ments for optimal results internal & external.
- Develop and implement operating procedures that eliminate problems and/or improve quality and/or reduce cost.
- Devise and implement root cause & permanent corrective action plans to recover any lost production to attain production schedules.
- Actively pursue process and equipment changes to improve modifications to machines or equipment to improve production, quality and reduce cost.
- Make recommendations on molding and assembly processes to improve process to reduce labor, improve workflow, efficiencies and minimize scrap.
- Ensure that all production orders are produced in a timely manner with attention to quality and operating budgets.
- Work closely with Assistant Shift Leader to enhance their job skills.
- Establish training need with department manager to improve operator’s job skills.
- Maintain daily shift handover meetings with employees to keep all personnel informed of critical issues.
- Work with cross function teams to make continuous improvement to eliminate waste.
- Review& analyze production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity to product specifications and operating or production problems and take necessary corrective action.
- Administer Company policies and maintain employer/employee relations on the highest level. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Assist in resolving worker concerns and unresolved issues to Human Resources Manager.
- Implement all new projects to production from pre-series to series production, including training on all shifts.
- Ensure confidentiality is a priority.
- Maintain a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure best in class standards to get the job done.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must have at least 5 + years supervisory experience in a molding and assembly-manufacturing environment.
- Processing molding machines would be a plus
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Provide leadership and training to production and technical personnel
- 5-10 years prior processing and/or technical training in plastics a plus
- Experience in a molding and assembly production supervisory capacity
- BA in Engineering preferred, or equivalent years of related experience
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.