The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our Akron, OH location we are searching for a:Project Manager
- Supports the Project Manager II for new projects from kickoff to start of production.
- Follows up on the time line and activity plan for the project, and escalates issues as necessary.
- Communicates with and works hand in hand with internal departments in manufacturing in Duncan or Akron (quality, sales, finance, logistics, production, etc.) as well as with the development centers in Troy, MI and Europe for project coordination.
- Assist with tracking the implementation of the product within the project plan
- Assists the Project Manager II in coordinating change management.
- Responsible for engineering changes for programs that are in production series
- Supports continuous improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Business travel up to.
- Other assigned projects/ task as needed
- Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
- This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
- Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Logical thinking with creative problem solving ability
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of budget control
- The ability to work well with others and lead a team
- Ability to grasp and learn technical aspects relevant to the project
- Experience with injection molding or the automotive industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent English language skills, German is a plus
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.