The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Medical division offers customers a wide range of standard and tailored plastic products in the fields of pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, surgery and life sciences as well as cardiology, fluid management and ophthalmology. These high-quality products are used in innovative drug delivery systems, primary packaging systems, surgical instruments and disposable diagnostic items.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for designing manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling in an industrial plant.
- Oversee the design and manufacturing of all fixtures and secondary equipment.
- Develop PFMEA's for all new product launches and work with Quality Department to finalize control plans.
- Assist in developing in-process check procedures, work instructions with manufacturing.
- Assist engineering department with all data management, engineering changes, and all other related engineering documentation when needed.
- Monitor the progress of new product launches to their timelines as it relates to secondary equipment and fixtures.
- Participate in corrective action meetings to investigate root causes and implement engineering changes where needed.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by researching efficiency improvements and developing proposals; includes the overseeing and implementation of improved procedures and new equipment installation.
- Investigating root cause of rejections that occur during the manufacturing and assembly.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering or five (5) years' experience.
- Three (3) years manufacturing and process planning experience.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Familiarity with basic precision measuring tools.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience with medical part validation and qualification a plus.
- Familiarity with plastic injection molding a plus but not necessary.