The Röchling Group, which is headquartered in Mannheim, includes a large number of locations in countries all over the world. With a workforce of several thousand employees, we manufacture our products in close proximity to our customers and markets. Our three company divisions, Industrial, Automotive and Medical, generate billions in sales every year on the European, American and Asian continents.
The Automotive division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, propulsion and new mobility. As part of our customer-focused and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing environmental impact and improving customer experience.
It is time for a new challenge. And time to arrive where you want to be. We have grown steadily, together as a team. Would you like to grow too? For us and with us? If you answered yes, we have career opportunities for you! Do you have what it takes to spur game-changing innovation? Do you crave being a part of the solution, while enjoying training and learning opportunities? Then get ready to join the Röchling Automotive team and become part of the next chapter in our history? At our Troy, Michigan location we are searching for a: Laboratory Manager
- Leads and manages the test engineering group; while also providing technical leadership support to Test Technicians.
- Oversees and approves the design and implementation of test procedures whether specified internally or by a customer.
- Responsible for test data accuracy, validity, repeatability and reliability throughout the entire test operation process.
- Represents Roechling to customers and leads the presentation and review of proposed testing methodology and testing results to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Assists the sales function in reviewing sales leads and engaging in technical discussions with customers to ensure that the Roechling solution meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Perform and record applicable testing of incoming raw material samples (resin, paint, etc) and disposition in SAP.
- Contact suppliers to obtain information for testing and molding information.
- Update and maintain material spec sheets.
- Perform and record results of various laboratory testing as needed (tensile testing, salt spray, climate, bottles, etc.)
- Obtain and document test data reports
- Assist with developing and writing test procedures
- Ensure validity to product qualification
- Develop valid analytical test methods for finished products
- Create and maintain an analytical test method validation master plan
- Ensure milestones in the new product development process.
- Coordinate on site and third party calibration of gages
- Maintain Master Standards and List
- Maintain gage calibration and master list information in Engage
- Set Calibration frequency and Calibrate internal gages, fixtures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
- This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
- Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
- Master or Bachelor Engineering degree (Mechanical)
- Mechanical and electrical testing technology, processes, codes and standards as typically acquired through a master or bachelor’s degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of closed loop control techniques and advanced data acquisition systems
- Advanced knowledge of Automotive test equipment and processes
- Leadership skills to manage a team.
- Willingness for learning new things.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a thermoplastics or automotive lab, preferably working for an engineering plastics company. Relevant industry experience and can coach others on the fundamentals.
- We are looking for a team player with well- developed interpersonal skills, with proven ability to support a positive team environment.
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.