With over 9,000 employees at 80 locations in 22 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from simple products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
For the location Leifers (Italy) or alternatively in Worms (Germany) Röchling Automotive SE & Co. KG is looking for aGlobal Commodity Manager (m/f) Tooling, Equipment and Machines
- Identifies savings initiatives within the commodity and drive prioritized initiatives in collaboration with Regional procurement managers EU-N, EU-S, AM-N, AM-S, ASIA
- Develops a network of key category stakeholders at dpt. Manager level (Engineering, Production, Sales, Pre-Development, Product Lines in EU-N, EU-S, AM-N, AM-S, ASIA) for effective implementation of savings or other cost improvement initiatives
- Owns the relationship to key vendors and develops them into strategic partners to enable advanced initiatives, i.e. frame agreements and value engineering etc.
- “One face to the supplier” - acts as “Foreign minister” on management level of supplier
- Takes lifecycle responsibility for affected parts in the commodity - from strategic sourcing (commodity strategies, managing Rfx processes and nomination, etc.), operational procurement (identification of needs, POs, etc.) to supplier management (contract management, performance management)
- Enables competition, incl. potentials from BCC sourcing
- Responsible for planning and execution of price negotiations, incl. change management activities, commercial target setting and achievement of the Commodity and related staff
- First level of escalation with suppliers or internal process partners
- Scouting of innovations (technologies/ supplier), delivering market input to the internal strategic planning departments
- Disciplinary lead of a team of Senior Buyers, Buyers and Assistance staff in global RA units (EU-N, EU-S, AM-N, AM-S, ASIA), thereof responsible for all HR related topics of staff, incl. hiring, training and development, salary planning, etc.
- Cost center responsibility
- Ensures compliance to corporate sourcing policy and procedures;
- Maintains standard work documentation
- Degree in (Mechanical)Engineering - or the equivalent knowledge acquired in whatever wayas a good understanding of the supply market , its key cost drivers and trends
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing as well
- Excellent commercial/financial understanding
- Experience in project management and leadership of global teams – HR skills
- Skills in category analysis, strategic sourcing and tendering
- Knowledge in supplier management and development as well as in operational / tactical procurement
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Formulating and designing strategies and concepts
- Planning and organising-skills as well as entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- an interesting and future-proof work place within a modern production site with very good working conditions
- an attractive package of social benefits (e.g.: Kindergarten allowance, sports courses, massages)
- an attractive remuneration
- assistance in finding accommodation
- a dynamic team in a good working atmosphere and a cooperative management style
If you are interested, please send your application documents with your earliest possible date of entry to our human resources department