With sales of € 1.7 billion and over 9,000 employees at 88 locations in 25 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from semi-finished products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our Troy, MI location we are searching for a: Electronics Development Engineer
- Act as a liaison between Roechling divisions and the customer on product design (electronic), quality and related engineering issues
- Supports product development activities and assists in the composition of technical reports and presentations
- Accomplish goals and complete projects as assigned by engineering development manager, ensure that development and delivery milestones are met
- Apply engineering methodology and creative problem solving to recognize , analyze , and solve engineering issues
- Test or validate systems for root cause and confirmation testing
- Negotiate/Access specifications and participate in meeting with the custome r
- Travel to customer engineering facilities/plants, and test facilities
- Capture and manage customer requirements
- Translate customer requirements into system requirements and requirements for sub supplier
- Develop and integrate system components: sensors, actuators and others
- Define and monitor DVP&R
- Support the OEM for integration of the system on the vehicle
- Support the internal industrialization team
- Discuss results and improvement possibilities with the customer
- Responsible for HW and SW development
Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automotive development electroni Experience with vehicle networking (CAN/LIN)
- Knowledge of measurement-based evaluation of analog circuits Experience with Vector CANoe
- Experience with environmental and EMC validation for E/E compone
- Capability of reading and comprehending electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience or knowledge of in vehicle data acquisition systems, data quality improvement , and analysis of complex data sets
- Ability to write simple embedded software (C and/or Assembly)
- Strong team player and good communication skills Very good level of English language
- Programming skills in standard Microsoft office products
- Basic understanding of engines, thermo management and related te systems
- Knowledge of databases to ensure proper storage and retrieval of da Experience in hardware development (e.g.: PCB layout)
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.