With sales of € 1.7 billion and over 9,000 employees at 88 locations in 25 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from semi-finished products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our Troy, MI location we are searching for a:Design Engineer
- Develop automotive parts evaluating the material specifications, production and moulding technologies
- Performs the 3D modelling according to the instructions given, respecting the requirements fir CAD models given by the customer and verifying the last level of information
- Creates 2D drawing according to the customer standards or respectively the Roechling Automotive standards in case of internal drawings
- Uses RAPID II for daily works according to the procedures and work-instructions
- Considers the general design rules for plastic parts and the feasibility in the tools with the targets to keep the tools as simple as possible
- Ensures the adherence to the product guidelines and development standards
- Creates presentations based on the CAD data. For instance, exploded views, engineering change descriptions, bill of material
- Performs Design FMEA and Design Reviews according to the guidelines and timing assigned
- Performs tolerance stack analysis
- Contributes to the "Design Verification Plan" ensuring and supporting the supply of the necessary components for the test's execution
- Knows the QM objectives, related process and procedures
- Knows and respects the RA QM system and the RAMP
- Regularly updates all of the documentation on Easy DMS
- Books the hours worked on the development of our single projects into our dedicated software
- Respects the budget of hours assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English language skills, knowledge of German language a plus.
- Certification preferred for NX / Teamcenter / VIS Mockup or equivalent work experience.
- Five + years of experience in Design and development of Plastic parts for engine system and aerodynamics systems such as AGS AIM
- Plastic design skills
- GD&T knowledge
- Computer, MS programs, Lotus Notes knowledge, SAP and CAD skills in NX or Catia V5
- Analytical and time management skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing environment
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.