With sales of € 1.7 billion and over 9,000 employees at 88 locations in 25 countries, the global Röchling Group stands for competence in plastics. We leverage the unique innovation potential of this material – from semi-finished products right through to complex systems.
The Automotive Division designs and engineers components and system solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, powertrain and new mobility. As part of our customer-oriented and global development approach, we focus on the current challenges facing the automotive industry, including reducing emissions, weight and fuel consumption.
At our Duncan, SC location we are searching for a:Assistant Shift Lead - 2nd shift
- Support production shift supervisor in their daily production activities.
- Monitor and coordinate all paperwork associated in running assembly and molding machines. Paperwork to include monitoring mold changes in SAP (ZMF51N), SAP scrap entry, editing payroll, monitor and review Barco reports, prepare shift reports, prepare end of shift reporting information and monitor and update any personnel issues (data entry of vacation, personal time, workmen's compensation, extended leave of absences, etc.)
- Assign operators to machines and ensure that all operators are properly trained to run each product to make a quality product.
- Ensure all operators are scanning into Barco to properly document training hours.
- Ensure all mold changes are completed and proper components, dunnage/containers, service pack or labels are at the proper work stations.
- Ensure all operators have taken their required breaks.
- Monitor all operators to ensure that they follow all company policies, safety, quality, labels and work instructions.
- Communicate daily with support groups and keep maintenance, logistics, and quality aware of any critical issues that affects customers on time deliveries.
- Maintain a journal to document all downtime during a shift to ensure proper communication to the next shift.
- Assume other responsibilities as determine by supervisor. Other duties as needed.
- Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
- This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
- Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in manufacturing molding and assembly operations, plus a minimum 1 year experience in a leadership role.
- High school diploma or GED
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits - Earn up to $70/month
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.